Longer and more defined eyelashes are everyone’s wish even from a century before. History never lies about makeup. Fashion sense, lifestyles, etc. From bigger eyelashes to simple and defined eyelashes that do not seem even a little bit fake- Yes, it happened. People now use a certain type of eyelash extensions that have to be put on with tweezers and glue and they are of a couple of lash strands.
If you have eyelash extensions, there is a time limit till you can keep them on. Sometimes, they cause irritation and one would definitely want them off. Though you can go to a salon to remove them, most people do it by themselves as it becomes a daily part of life. Let’s see how you can remove them at home by yourself.
Remove Eyelash extensions
Removing eyelashes at home with natural remedies is time-consuming but a money-saving procedure. If you can handle it, then we would encourage you to do it.
Most people recommend using steam first and then using the remedies. Steam is definitely better if your adhesive is strong or you are removing them after 3-4 days you have put them on.
To use steam, get a bowl of boiled water, and place it on a table. Then grab a towel and put it over you when you place your face on the steam of boiled water. Make sure there are no empty places or holes in the towel from where the steam will go away.
Be like that for 10 minutes. During the process, if you feel suffocated, you should take some breath outside the towel and again go back in. This will help the extensions moisten up and also the adhesive will be weakened.
After the steam process, use any types of remedies you want from the ones written below following the steps. Even without steam, these remedies work a lot better removing extensions. There are lots of steamers and to each person a personal favorite will prevail. Here is the eyelash mister/ steamer we tested with.
Coconut oil is really useful for hair and eyelashes. Apart from using it for removing extensions, you can apply them to your lashes. They will be dark and thick and also will get lots of nutrients. When getting coconut oil, I would lean toward organic, or extra virgin like this affordable tub.
Follow the procedures:
- If you have make-up on, remove them and wash your face well with your face wash.
- Gently wipe your face with a towel and gram some coconut oil on a cotton ball or cotton bud.
- Apply the oil with the cotton bud on your lashes thoroughly and also avoid them from getting into your eyes.
- Do the same thing for your other eyelashes and wait for 15-20 minutes.
- Get a cotton ball, close your eye and wipe the lashes downwards. Put a little force when it comes to the root of the eyelashes. You will see the lashes come out one by one. However, don’t apply too much force otherwise your natural lashes will also come out.
- Do this process on both eyes. You can see them come off easily. If it does not, apply more coconut oil and wait a few minutes.
- If your extensions’ glue is really good enough to make them last longer, removing them will be time-consuming.
Vaseline also has the same benefits as Coconut oil and you can remove the eyelashes with vaseline in the same manner.
- After washing and wiping your face, use vaseline on a cotton bud and gently rub it on the eyelashes. Just like how you use mascara.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes, and wipe it off downwards with a cotton ball just like how you do it with coconut oil.
- You will see the extensions coming off. After that, wipe your eyes off with a damp soft cloth.
- If there are still extensions remaining, give your eyes a rest and do the process again and it will come off easier than before.
Olive oil should be used after steam for a better result of removing extensions.
- Dip a cotton ball in olive oil and rub the eyelash extensions and the roots of your lashes with it.
- Make sure it is not getting inside your eye. Even if it gets in, wash your eyes well.
- Rub it downwards putting force on the roots. After putting it on, wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Then gently brush them with an eyebrow brush downwards.
- You can see the extensions coming off one by one.
- After that, wipe the eyes with a damp soft cloth.
What should I use after removing eyelash extensions?
Removing eyelash extensions by yourself can be tiring for you and your eyes also. Your natural eyelashes also will be exhausted through all the rubbing and wiping. After wiping your eyes with a damp and soft cloth, you can use any moisturizer you want. However, we recommend using castor oil.
Castor oil is a natural oil extracted from the Castor tree. The fatty acids it contains offer healthy nutrients to eyelashes making them healthy and strong. Castor oil prevents eyelashes from falling off easily and it helps them grow longer.
Many people want to know, what can make their eyelashes longer? Though it is totally a genetic thing, there is castor oil that helps the lashes grow to their natural length. If you want to know whether vaseline or coconut oil helps them grow or not, one of our previous discussions has it in detail.
You can use castor oil on a daily basis to see them improve.
How to Clean Eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions look really pretty and gorgeous but this beautiful thing also needs proper care. Whether you wear make-up daily or not, washing the extensions daily would be the best for your lashes. To do so, follow the steps here:
- If you have make-up on, remove them. Make sure, there is no oil left.
- Now grab your cleanser that is for the face or especially for eyelashes. Your foaming cleanser should be of non-oil too.
- Pour 2-3 drops of cleanser on your palm and a few drops of water. Swirl it around with a small make-up brush.
- Once it has made foam, brush the foam on your eyelash line with the small brush with your eyes closed.
- After brushing it back and forth for a minute, you can use a mascara want upwards and downwards for a better wash.
- Then wash it off with water. Follow the same process with the other eye and gently wipe the water with a towel.
- You can either use a cold blow dry or let it air dry. After it dries, use the mascara wand to make the lashes even.